Frequently Asked Questions
This is a list of our frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not answered here, please email us at email@example.com.
Q: When I shop at Sunnybrook Gift Shops in person or online, does the money I spend help the hospital?
A: Absolutely! Proceeds from both Sunnybrook Gift Shops and our online shop help benefit patient care and comfort at both the Bayview and Wellesley hospital sites. Just some of the activities include: Providing personal care kits for the emergency department, baby bereavement kits for the birthing unit, Chemo carry bags for cancer patients, and much more. We also recently provided $250,000 in funding for the Staxi program, an initiative to replace all of the Staxi wheelchairs in the hospital.
Q: Do you ship to Canada, the United States, or internationally?
A: At this time, we ship within Canada.
Q: If I make a purchase, is it a final sale?
A: We offer a return on merchandise if you notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of receipt of the product. When you notify us, we will give you a Return Authorization Number and this number must be included with the returned item, or no refund will be given. All shipping charges and any other associated fees are the responsibility of the buyer. There is no refund or exchange on: TTC Tickets, Stamps, Books, Magazines, Flowers, Food Items, Underwear, Pierced Earrings, Reading Glasses, Slippers off the card, or Seasonal Merchandise.
Q: Which payment methods to you accept?
A: We are set up to accept payment through Paypal and Paypal accepts Visa and MasterCard, as well as Paypal payment options.
Q: Is it safe and secure to place an order on your website?
A: Yes. When you place an order online, it is processed securely through Paypal. Here are some of the ways that Paypal keeps your information secure:
- They use industry-leading encryption and fraud prevention tools
- Your financial information is not shared with the merchant
- You receive a confirmation email when you make a payment
Q: I am new at placing orders online. Do you have step-by-step instructions?
A: The following is a step-by-step checklist for placing online orders on our website. As a reminder, the Pay Now button must be clicked to completely process the transaction with payment.
- Add your desired items to your cart and when you are ready to check out, click on the shopping cart icon on the top right of the screen.
- If the items are to be delivered to a patient in the hospital, fill out the Patient Name and Location box. You will still be asked during checkout to fill out your address; don't worry, if you have entered a patient name we will deliver your order to the patient, not ship it to you.
- If you would like to have a card written, type your desired message in the appropriate box. Or, if you are sponsoring a ceiling tile, type your name and dedication message in the box.
- If you would like the items to be wrapped, check the box that says: "For $2.50 please wrap the products in this order."
- Click Proceed to Checkout.
- Sign in to your Paypal account. If you do not have a Paypal account, and wish to pay by Visa or MasterCard, click Create an Account.
- Fill out your credit card number and billing information. Make sure you fill out your CSC number - this is the three-digit number in the signature area on the back of your card. Then click Continue.
- Paypal now reviews your payment details and when you finally click the Pay Now button, the order and payment are completed through Paypal and you will receive a payment confirmation email.
Q: Why do you ship via Canada Post and Good Foot (Toronto only)?
A: Canada Post is our most economical shipping method. Good Foot is a local Toronto delivery service that uses public transit and employs people with developmental challenges.
Q: Do you deliver to patients within the hospital?
A: Yes we do – both at the Sunnybrook Hospital on Bayview Avenue, and the Sunnybrook Holland Orthopaedic Hospital on Wellesley Street. In order for us to deliver to the patient, please include the patient's name and location in the space provided on checkout. Please note the following areas are only permitted gifts & toys (flowers or plants cannot be delivered):
|Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)||M2|
|Critical Care Unit (CrCU)||M2|
|General Medical Unit/High Intensity Unit||B4 (rooms 25 & 26)|
|Gilbert Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU)||C3|
|Intensive Care Unit (ICU)||D4 (ICU only) & B5|
|Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)||M4|
|Oncology Units||D6, C6 and C2|
|Ross Tilley Burn Centre (RTBC)||D7|
|Holland SCU 3rd Floor||Holland SCU 3rd Floor|
Q: If I order today, when will the patient receive my gift?
A: If your order is placed before 3 p.m., it will be delivered to a patient in the hospital on the same day. Any orders placed after 3 p.m. are delivered the following day.
Q: Do you deliver to employees at the hospital?
A: Yes we do – both at the Sunnybrook Hospital on Bayview Avenue, and the Sunnybrook Holland Orthopaedic Hospital on Wellesley Street. In order for us to deliver to the employee, please include the employee's name and location in the space provided on checkout, and include the information that they are an employee at Sunnybrook. Please note that the areas in which only gifts & toys are permitted for patients is the same policy for employees (flowers or plants cannot be delivered to these locations). Please refer to the chart above under the question "Do you deliver to patients within the hospital?".
Q: What are the hours of your stores?
A: Our online shop is open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The hours for our physical stores are:
Store hours (Main Campus):
Monday - Thursday: 9:30am to 8:00pm
Friday: 9:30am to 6:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am to 4:00pm
Store hours (Holland Orthopaedic & Arthritic Centre):
Monday - Friday: 9:30am to 3:30
Saturday and Sunday: closed