These One-of-a-Kind Original paintings by the late Daphne Tully illustrates some of the distinguished and time-honored buildings located on the Sunnybrook Property.
These paintings have been re-printed to Greeting card size for everyone the enjoy.
HISTORY OF KILGOUR HOUSE
(written on back of card)
In the early 1900’s, a Mr. Joseph Kilgour purchased a large tract of landstretching from Leslie Street to Bayview Avenue and farmed it as the Kilgour Farm. He became very well known as a lover of horses, the original stable and many other farm buildings still stand - he was also an organizer of regular ploughing matches.
Mr. Kilgour built his family estate on the property and at some time changed the name of the farm to Sunnybrook Farm. Mr. Kilgour died in 1928 and his wife graciously donated the property to the city of Toronto. It was to be called Sunnybrook Park and be used solely as a recreational park for the citizens of Toronto.
Sunnybrook Hospital has been built on the site of the Kilgour Estate home and will remain as a reminder of the foresight and generousity of Mrs. Kilgour and the Kilgour family.
Cards are Blank inside